Oregon Continuing Education COURSE
Diversity: Your Kaleidoscope of Clients
3 Total hours
3 Elective hours
0 CE/LARRC hours
*In Oregon, this course is eligible for real estate continuing education credit required by ORS 696.174 and OAR 863-020-0010 in the course topic areas of Real Estate Disclosure Requirements and Fair Housing laws or policies.
The real estate market reflects our nation's diverse population, and the successful real estate professional understands and adapts to each client's needs.
What's new in fair housing? What isn't?
- The newest fair housing guidelines relating to criminal background screening, reasonable accommodation for assistance animals, and hoarding
- A look at the socioeconomic impact of discriminatory practices in housing
- An online test to check your own inherent bias
- The court case that led to sexual orientation and gender identity being afforded federal fair housing protection
- Resources that will help you identify and better serve the diverse populations within your market
- Statistics and demographics on homeownership from:
- The National Association of REALTORS®
- The U.S. Census Bureau
- The National Fair Housing Alliance
- Two proposed additions to the seven federally protected classes